|The Concord Band performs for the annual |
Boston Festival of Bands at historic Faneuil Hall.
The Boston Festival of Bands is hosted by The Metropolitan Wind Symphony, funded in part by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency, and by the National Endowment for the Arts. The Boston Festival of Bands was founded by the Metropolitan Wind Symphony in 1989, and has included bands from all 5 New England states and Canada.
This will be the 18th time in the Festival's 26-year history that The Concord Band—winner of the Sudler Silver Scroll Award for 2013, "North America's most prestigious award for community concert bands"—has performed at the Boston Festival of Bands.
- Beyond the Horizon by Rossano Galante
- An Original Suite by Gordon Jacob
- Dusk by Steven Bryant
- Symphonic Dance No. 3, "Fiesta" by Clifton Williams
- Yellow Rose of Texas Variations, by Lou Buckley, cornet solo by the composer
- Wings Across America by Roger Cichy
Schedule of Performances
- Middlesex Concert Band (Wakefield, MA)
- New England Brass Band (Franklin, MA)
- Metropolitan Wind Symphony (Jamaica Plain, MA)
- American Band (Providence, RI)
- Casco Bay Concert Band (Portland, ME)
- Concord Band (Concord, MA)
- Charles River Wind Ensemble (Newton, MA)